Based in Odessa, the Fern Garden Club was started in April 1950 when twenty ladies met at Lutz Lake Fern School
at the corner of Gunn Highway and Lutz Lake Fern Road. Hence the club was named the Fern Garden Club.
Our club is not dedicated to ferns,
as many think, but has an overall interest in gardening and nature.
2015 Annual Plant Sale, Sat. Oct. 17th
Become A Member!
- Attend meetings as often as possible to give and receive valuable gardening tips and information
- Participate in the Annual Plant/Bake Sale by:
- Growing plants for the sale
- Baking items for the sale
- Help on Sale day 3rd Sat of Oct.
- Help on Prep Day- the Friday before the plant sale
- Committees (see yearbook)
- Monthly hostess for refreshments (monthly teams of 4)
- Become an Officer-no exp needed
- Meetings (What to bring)
- Items to share: Plants, Plant Cuttings, Seeds, Bulbs, Pots
- Articles of Interest
- Ideas or questions for the club
- Plants needing identification
- Propagation sessions:
- Attend as many propagation sessions that you can. These sessions are where we cultivate about 60% plus of our plants for the sale. These take place @ various member’s homes. Email announcements are made as these are available.